Divorce & Separation - Reynolds Parry Jones

Divorce & Separation

To obtain a divorce you must be able to prove that the marriage has broken down irretrievably in one of five ways:

1    Adultery
2    Your spouse’s unreasonable behaviour
3    Your spouse’s desertion, followed by a separation of at least two years
4    Two years separation, with your spouse’s consent
5     Five years separation with or without your spouse’s consent

To dissolve a civil partnership you have to prove that the relationship has broken down irretrievably in one of the same ways, except that you cannot rely on adultery.

If you start the proceedings, you are the Petitioner. If your spouse or civil partner starts the proceedings, you are the Respondent.

Undefended divorces and dissolution applications normally take five to eight months to complete. There is no need for either party to attend court unless there is a dispute (for example, about who should pay the costs of the proceedings).

If you are considering divorce, or dissolving your civil partnership, or your spouse/civil partner has issued proceedings against you, call our specialist family solicitor now to discuss how she can advise and help.

Contact us today

If you would like to see full details of our data practices please visit our Privacy Policy and if you have any questions please email Partners@rpj.uk.com.

Call Us

Call Us

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday
8.45am to 5.30pm Call us on 01494 525941
Call Us

Request a Call From Us

Let us know when is convenient and we will try
and call you when best for you Request a call >
Call Us

Sign Up For Updates

Sign up to our newsletter for regular legal updates and useful information Sign up >
lower logos left
lower logos right