Employees in the UK have extensive statuary rights as well as certain protections.
- Maternity, Paternity and Parental leave
- Guaranteed statutory sick pay (which may be augmented via individual employment contracts)
- Redundancy pay
- Compensation for unfair dismissal
- Statutory protection against discrimination on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, religion, race, age, or disability
- A fair hearing if you face disciplinary action at work
- Guaranteed rights to air any grievances you may have against your employer