In choosing a solicitor, we recognise that there are various considerations that you will want to take into account, including the quality of the work carried out, the experience of the solicitor handling your matter, the reputation of the firm as a whole and cost. We are proud that the quality of our work is underscored by our Lawnet Quality Standards and client reviews.
To help you understand the costs involved in our work for you, we have set out our pricing structure below.
|Service||Range of costs||Basis for charges – hourly rate or fixed fees or combination of both||Experience and qualifications of those carrying out the service||Experience and qualifications of the Supervisors||Description of and cost of likely disbursements or average cost or range of costs||Which of these disbursements attract VAT and at what VAT rate||Key stages of the matter and likely timescales for each stage|
|Tribunal Claims||£5,000 - £30,000 Range, dependent on individual complexity of the case||Hourly rate||Courier fee -
£20 - £300
Barrister’s Fees - £500 - £4,000
Medical records -
Expert witnesses - £500 - £4,000
|6-9 months to reach trial in a tribunal|
- Take your initial instructions, review the papers and advise you on merits and likely compensation (this is likely to be revisited throughout the matter and subject to change)
- Enter into pre-claim conciliation where this is mandatory to explore whether a settlement can be reached;
- Prepare a claim or response
- Review and advise on claim or response from other party
- Explore settlement and negotiate settlement throughout the process
- Prepare or consider a schedule of loss
- Prepare for (and attend) a Preliminary Hearing
- Exchange documents with the other party and agree a bundle of documents
- Take witness statements, draft statements and agree their content with witnesses
- Prepare bundle of documents
- Review and advise on the other party’s witness statements
- Agree a list of issues, a chronology and/or cast list
- Prepare and attend at the Final Hearing, including instructing Counsel
The stages set out above are an indication and if some of stages above are not required, the fee will be reduced. You may wish to handle the claim yourself and only have our advice in relation to some of the stages. This can also be arranged on your individual needs.